INDIRECT FIRED MAKE-UP AIR UNITS WITH INTEGRAL PACKAGED DX COOLING
ICE WESTERN with over 50 years of proven indirect fired heater experience behind us, offer a comprehensive product line of heating and cooling make-up air units, custom VAV rooftop equipment, and Multi-Zone units with integral packaged DX cooling. Standard product offering range from 600 CFM to 70,000 CFM and 1 Ton to 180 Ton nominal DX cooling capacity but can be designed for larger capacities. Units are available in a wide array of ozone friendly refrigerants. (410a, 407c, 134a)
The equipment is available with one of 3 types of indirect heating section:
- 4 Pass stainless steel drum and tube heat exchanger w/ power burner for 20:1 turndown per heater section
- 2 Pass stainless steel drum and tube heat exchanger w/ power burner for up to 60:1 turndown per heater section
- Stainless steel tubular heat exchanger w/ ID fan and modulating burner control for up to 15:1 per heater section
Units are customized to meet any requirement of the consultant, end user, and on site conditions. Units can be provided end discharge, down discharge, top discharge, stacked, vertical up-flow or down-flow arrangements. Units are also available for indoor installation with ducted condenser coils with centrifugal blowers.
The equipment can be provided with one of 4 types of heat recovery:
- Energy Recovery Wheel-Latent & Sensible Recovery w/ VFD
- Heat Pipes- Tilt Control or Face & Bypass Dampers
- Air to Air Plate Type Heat Recovery Core
- Glycol Run Around Loop
The cooling provides the highest efficiencies (EER) in the industry by utilizing digital scroll compressors, digital superheat controller, electronic expansion valves, and variable speed condenser fans. Cooling has been energy performance verified by Intertek / ETL to standard CSA C746:2006 and AHRI 340/360:2007
Units are equipped with digital scroll compressors complete with rotolock valves set on vibration isolators within a compressor vestibule adjacent to the evaporator header. All the refrigeration valves and controls are also located in the vestibule. All access doors are double wall hinged with premium handles for easy access for service and maintenance. Make-up air units are provided with winter filter sections which provide for year round filtration in colder climates where summer filters freeze in winter months.